Only 1 accident! Yeah!
We started the day with a timer going off every 25 minutes and promise of a gummy bear every time he went pee pee in the potty. By lunch time we weren't using the timer anymore since Jeremiah was self-initiating the potty trips, a sure sign that he at least understands his body signals. And he never once asked to put his diaper back on. Last night after he was all tucked in bed (and wearing his diaper) I heard his little voice down the hall, "mama! I need to go pee pee in the potty!" So, he went to the potty once more time, and was even ok with not getting a gummy bear for it.
It's amazing what a little bribary will get you. Oh, I mean, positive reinforcement.
1 comment:
wow! trying hard not to be jealous! he is doing AWESOME! you must be a most excellent mother. :)
-jess
Post a Comment