Friday, February 15, 2008

Wishing for a nanny

It is on mornings like this that I find myself fantasizing about what it would be like to have a nanny. I have barely slept all week. Nathaniel has whatever weird fever thing that Jeremiah had and so I spent the day yesterday holding him (literally, he would not let me put him down) and trying to entertain Jeremiah in quiet ways (which is impossible since he doesn't understand the concept of quiet). I ended up losing my patience with Jeremiah more than once yesterday which wasn't right or fair to him. Last night Nathaniel wouldn't stay alseep for more than about 1 1/2 hours before waking up fussy and whining because he obviously wasn't feeling well. I am wearing the same sweats that I have worn all week. I have accomplished nothing productive this week. All I want to do is crawl back in my bed and hibernate for a few hours.
So you will have to excuse me for thinking this morning about how great it would be if someone would walk through the door to take care of my kids for a little while so that I could get some sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya on the Nanny thing. I think I have the flu and Fuller is not really acting like himself, so I guess even a Nanny shouldn't be here in case he/ she got ill too.

Hope your family all feels well soon.

Anonymous said...

If I were there, I'd walk right in...