Thursday, May 08, 2008

Busy Days

Time just seems to be flying by.
Every night I fall into bed wondering where my day went. Some days I feel a sense of accomplishment. Some days I wonder how I can feel so exhausted but not feel like anything got done.
I have felt a certain shift in the emotional environment of our household. Even though we are still busy with everyday life there is a certain edge of exhaustion and panic that is gone. It feels like the events of Aaron's upcoming graduation, a short break from evening classes, and my stopping work with MCC have all conspired to help us mellow out a little bit and find some semblance of "normal" in our routine. I personally feel more relaxed and able to focus of caring for my husband, the children, and the house.
Since we are an active family of 4 there is still all kinds of stuff going on and this week has been no exception. I have been working on rearranging some furniture and cleaning out the spare room (again). I have also been trying to clean out the attic little by little. Cherise came over one day to help make Mother's Day cards and love on the boys. Caleb & Moni will be spending Saturday night here after graduation so I am trying to make sure that the house is at least basically clean and a place is ready for them. I have some grocery lists to make and cooking to do for Mother's Day. All of this in the few spare moments between laundry, making snacks, changing diapers, nursing the baby, disciplining Jeremiah - you get the picture.
Today I feel fulfilled and at peace in the life I find myself in. It is a cool spring morning with the feel of rain in the air. There is a lot to be done and I am tired from working last night, but I am taking a moment to enjoy a cup of coffee and enjoy this moment of peace and contentment. I feel blessed to be married to a man who loves me more than I deserve, privileged to be a mother to 2 boys who fill me with joy every day, and grateful for the grace I feel from my Saviour even (especially) in moments when I despair at my sin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Sarah.
Love you loads & loads.
-Kusje-