
Ever have one of those days where you had everything planned out to do and then it all changes? That is what happened to me today, but it was not a negative or stressful thing. The change in my plans today actually helped me relax and spend some fun time with my boys.
This morning as I was at the grocery store trying to get all the shopping done for this weekend my phone rang and Aaron told me that his cap and gown needed to be picked up from his advisers office before 4:30 this afternoon. I decided that this would be something I could do and told him not to worry about it. I quickly finished the shopping, loaded the boys up in the car, and headed out on our little road trip. Berry College is about a 45 minute drive from our house (imagine in Europe driving 45 minutes each way just to pick up something!) along a nice strip of country road. The sky was clear, the sun was shining, and wild flowers were growing in perfusion along the center median. Nathaniel fell asleep and Jeremiah was quietly playing his Leapster so I was free to listen to music and just enjoy the drive. The Berry College campus is beautiful (you really should check out the link, it is a pretty amazing place) and we took some time to walk around a bit. Jeremiah enjoyed watching the workmen setting up for tomorrows graduation and we even saw a fawn meander across our path! As we left I realized it was almost lunch time so on a whim I pulled into McDonalds. Jeremiah was thrilled with his chicken nuggets and the toy car that came in his happy meal. He played enthusiastically on the playground with another 3 year old boy while I sat with Nathaniel enjoying a coke and burger. Nathaniel contentedly munched on french fries (that boy loves those things!) and wiggled with excitement every time he saw his brother emerge from the tunnel of the slide.
When we arrived home I realized that what could have been a stressful chore actually turned into a pleasant outing. I enjoyed taking the boys somewhere new and just enjoying time away from the house. I love driving (I get that from dad) and the drive and scenery soothed me. There is still alot to be done in preparation for this weekend, but I am sure that everything will happen in time. I am sure too that Caleb & Monica won't mind if my house isn't Better Homes & Gardens ready when they spend the night. :-)
We are looking forward to graduation tomorrow. I told Jeremiah all about what was going to happen and taught him to say "Yay papa! I am so proud of you!" when Aaron walks across that stage tomorrow.
3 comments:
of course we won't! glad you had a fun day and thank you so much for the directions!! We are looking forward to tomorrow!!
Have a fun day!
I will be thinking of you!
I love driving as well (also from dad...) and I always put on Bob Marley!
Congrats, Aaron!
Big hug
Sounds like you guys will have a great day today. Again: Congratulations! We sure wish we could be there.
Love, Driver Dad
Post a Comment