Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Reflections

Love those faces!
Nathaniel is fearless and loves being pushed around the house on the popper.

Brother hugs.


Look at that smile! (And check out the top teeth!)

In no particular order:
* "Sleep is a privilege."
This was said to me by a good friend at church who has raised 5 children. I was talking (read: complaining) about how working late 3 nights a week and Nathaniel's crazy sleep habits have me getting about 4 hours of sleep per night on average. She was sharing how this attitude helped her not be angry or bitter about her lack of sleep when her kids were young. I am still working on it....

* Nathaniel is almost definitely allergic to dogs.
A few months ago we gave Penny Lane away for a whole number of reasons, one of the main ones being that Nathaniel had pretty much been constantly congested since birth and the only thing we could figure was that he was allergic to the dog. I didn't really think about it again. This week we are keeping Chad & Cherise's puppy Wicket and Nathaniel has been a snotty mess since the dog came to stay. That has of course made sleep even more difficult. And I realized that he has not been congested since Penny Lane left....

* I love weddings!
I was asked to do the coordinating of the wedding of a young couple in our church. It was the first wedding I did where I wasn't really good friends (or related) to the couple so I was interested to see if I would enjoy it as much as I usually do. The wedding was last Saturday and it was fun to do. I enjoyed organizing the rehearsal (got them all in and out of there in less than an hour!) and making sure that things ran smoothly for everyone on the wedding day. This couple's first kiss ever (at least together) was in the wedding. It was beautiful and moving and a testament to the fact that it is possible to maintain integrity and purity even in this sex-crazed culture.

* Jeremiah likes to throw blankets on top of Nathaniel and then watch Nathaniel try to figure out how to crawl out from under them. Nathaniel doesn't think this is very funny.

* I was a selfish, impatient, lazy mother yesterday. I am asking God for strength to do better today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no dogs? Penny Lane gone?
shocking. But much better for the little Nathaniel!
Enjoyed your blog, thanks!