Monday, August 04, 2008

New Obsession

I have just spent over an hour looking at this blog which is my new obsession.
must.go.bathe.children.
I have a confession to make. I cook out of necessity. Not because I enjoy it. The irony is that I think I am a relatively good cook. It's just that cooking is not on my top 10 list of things to do. It takes so much time and effort. It makes a mess that I have to clean up. The food that I spend time cooking is eaten in a few quick minutes and I have to start all over again in just a few short hours.
I have a few simple rules when it comes to cooking.
1. The ingredients must be things that I can find at my local grocery store. I don't have time to drive all over the place looking for some obscure, expensive ingredient.
2. The recipe must be pretty quick to assemble. Again, since I don't enjoy being in my kitchen I don't really want to spend a lot of time in there.
3. The result must be something tasty that the majority of my family will eat. I am not a short order cook. Aaron won't eat veggies so I usually have to find a dish that I can easily add a salad to or if I find a good veggie recipe then I need to be able to find some meat to go with it.
So, imagine my delight at finding this blog with 365 days of crock pot recipe's!
I am in heaven!
I love using my crock pot but often lack the imagination to do anything beyond salsa chicken or chili. I have already written down some of her recipes to try (who can pass up sloppy joe's, french toast, baked ziti, 5 layer brownies, or sweet & spicy chicken wings just to name a few)! I can't wait!
I dare you to check it out - and not get sucked in! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got me - that crockpot site is terrific! I bookmarked it...using a crockpot makes you feel like you didn't cook - it's like ordering something in the mail and paying for it - when it arrives you feel like you got a gift! (Well, I do...;) Anyway, yes, I got sucked in...
And I LOVED the pics of Jeremiah with his paints! Oh the simple joys of life like dipping intoa fresh 8 colors of paint in a row - and what was it - 89 cents or something? You are giving your kids SUCH a great childhood, Sarah and Aaron! Love to keep up with you this way. Be blessed today! With love from the whole African herd, Aunt Carol.