Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stung

Even though it is still hot steamy August in Georgia we are bidding goodbye to summer as Aaron heads back to teaching. We have been so spoiled to have him around so much these past few months and both of the boys and I are keenly missing his presence during the day. I especially miss his morning help with getting the boys up, dressed, and fed while I caught a few extra minutes of sleep or actually had time to shower and dress. I am going to try very hard to get a better morning routine going for me and the boys. I am just so not a morning person....
Aaron will be teaching 6th grade this year. He will teach one block of social studies and two blocks of language arts (English). Yesterday Aaron had to stay late at school in order to "meet the parents" of the students. The boys and I were restless and tired of each other's company by the end of the day so I decided that we would brave the heat and spend some time playing outside. It was muggy and miserable but I managed to sweep the front steps and get rid of the remains of our failed attempts at veggie growing (so sad!). I then collapsed into a chair with a glass of water and watched the boys play on the swings. All of the sudden Jeremiah was in hysterics. He was crying and jumping up and down and screaming bloody murder. I couldn't figure out what was going on - until I saw his little hand.

It seems the poor fellow was stung on his thumb by one of the big mean-looking wasps that hang out in places in our yard.
We ran inside and when I mentioned putting ice on it he started hysterics again. I finally turned on Thomas and he let me put ice on his thumb.

What an eventful evening!

Nathaniel ended up with the bag of ice. He likes Thomas as much as Jeremiah does and starts dancing any time he hears the theme music. However, he rarely sits still long enough to watch it. He prefers to go over to the bookshelf and pull all the books off, searching for the Thomas ones. I spend so much time picking up after this baby! I love looking at these kiddos profiles - they are definitely brothers.

1 comment:

Norman said...

I got stung by one of those when I was there. It hurts!
What's this "My mother is a fish" thing? ;-)
Love:
the guy married to the fish