Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm proud to be a soccer mom








Jeremiah's first soccer practice was last night. It had been a busy day (Grannie's funeral) but he was so excited to strap on his cleats and head out to the field. It was a beautiful, cool evening with the promise of fall in the air. Excited kids were running everywhere while their parents looked proudly on. We found Jeremiah's team and coach and he ran right out with the other 3 kids he was to practice with.
And for an hour he had a blast!
He ran. He kicked. He spun in circles when he got bored. He jumped up and down. He concentrated hard on running and kicking. He laughed with the other kids lined up next to him. He interjected comments like, "Excuse me! But I can't kick that hard." when the coach showed them what to do.
Aaron and I took turns chasing and corralling Nathaniel (I have no idea how we are going to make this one wait 2 more years until he can play). We also met some of the parents of other kids on the team.
I am looking forward to this new experience. I know that Jeremiah will have so much fun. I think he will learn a lot not just about soccer but about listening to other adults and playing with other children. I am hoping that this will also be another intentional way for Aaron and I to put down deeper roots in this community.
Go team!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah-yeah!