Monday, September 07, 2009

A pirate's life

Jeremiah has been into pirates lately. Very into pirates. We play pirates at least once a day (and I am begged to play it much more than that). Playing pirates consists of Jeremiah putting on a sailors hat, brandishing his foam sword, and running around the house growling things like "aarrgh!", "landlubber!" and "you scurvy dog!" His bed becomes the pirate ship complete with a homemade version of the jolly roger flag (skull & crossbones).

Yesterday during the singing part of worship I bent down to make sure that Jeremiah was reading the words from the power point and trying to sing a long. Jeremiah calmly says, "Yes mama! I'm singing in my pirate voice."

And sure enough, he was.

I realized later that the song he started using his pirate voice on was "O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast unmeasured boundless free. Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me."

I don't think that is a coincidence.

No comments: