Before I became a mother no one told me I would have days in which:
- My 2 year old has horrible diarrhea, continues to eat like normal, and then vomits up everything he ate that day in the middle of nap time.
- My best laid plans of cleaning and working out fall by the wayside so that I can keep up with said diapers and vomit.
- All I want is to take a shower and make myself presentable before my husband gets home but I don't want to leave said 2 year old alone (for obvious reasons).
- My 4 year old desperately needs some one-on-one attention and I (selfishly) just can't seem to summon the energy.
- I speak ungraciously ("just wait one minute!") to said 4 year old when he asks for my help on his spelling work sheet causing his eyes to well with tears and him to leave the room with bowed head and resulting in heart stabbing grief for me.
So today my lesson in learning to love involved gently caring for a sick child without complaining about the dirty messes I had to clean up and putting aside my wants in order to give another child what he needed. There is nothing in the famous love verses of 1 Corinthians 13 that promise that love is easy.
- My 2 year old has horrible diarrhea, continues to eat like normal, and then vomits up everything he ate that day in the middle of nap time.
- My best laid plans of cleaning and working out fall by the wayside so that I can keep up with said diapers and vomit.
- All I want is to take a shower and make myself presentable before my husband gets home but I don't want to leave said 2 year old alone (for obvious reasons).
- My 4 year old desperately needs some one-on-one attention and I (selfishly) just can't seem to summon the energy.
- I speak ungraciously ("just wait one minute!") to said 4 year old when he asks for my help on his spelling work sheet causing his eyes to well with tears and him to leave the room with bowed head and resulting in heart stabbing grief for me.
So today my lesson in learning to love involved gently caring for a sick child without complaining about the dirty messes I had to clean up and putting aside my wants in order to give another child what he needed. There is nothing in the famous love verses of 1 Corinthians 13 that promise that love is easy.
1 comment:
having just experienced our own round of vomiting, i will say only one thing that will hopefully cheer you up...
THIS TOO SHALL PASS...
Post a Comment