The irony is that on the morning when I feel my energy surge back, the weather warms, and I want to leave the house for the first time in 2 weeks, my little boys instead play together for 2 hours (!). They run around half clothed making up little games that only they know the rules to. I hear chattering. Jeremiah bosses Nathaniel because that is what big brothers do. Nathaniel, who is grateful to be given so much attention, goes along with all of Jeremiah's instructions. Matchbox cars are involved as are constructed potato heads and random zoo animals.Even though I am itching to get out of this house I sit quietly and let them play. The tears well briefly in my eyes because the moment is beautiful. I am thankful for their growing bond - boys becoming brothers.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I am glad you were able to enjoy their time together. I am eager to have my children "play" together although I know along with that comes the arguing and fights.
Oh I know Exactly what you mean! There is NOTHING as beautiful as watching your kids love on each other - especially when you know in a couple hours time they will be pounding on each other again! I have two boys as well and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Post a Comment