That's me and my boys on Mother's Day. Right before church and right after they had run crazy around the yard laughing hysterically as they chased a little dog we were taking care of. I was showered with love and kisses and hand made cards. During worship I could feel Jeremiah's hand tangling my hair as he sang "I am bound, I am bound, I am bound for the promised land!" at the top of his lungs. Nathaniel was in my arms his head nestled in that one spot on my shoulder that perfectly cradles his head. And my tears flowed freely as I sang,"I am not ashamed of the Name above all Name's for it has the power to heal and to save. Strength for the weary and peace to the troubled soul. Peace to the troubled soul. It's the name of Jesus. It's the name of Jesus. Mightier than mountains he lives among the weak. Ruler eternal we kneel at your feet. Jesus name above all."
It was a day for counting:
- being a mother
- Jeremiah's excitement about presenting his Mother's Day card, just so
- spontaneous hugs during worship
- a long afternoon spent talking and visiting with friends while our kids played all around
- getting to know people better
- connectedness with friends who are also brothers and sisters in Christ
- Nathaniel's cute way of talking with that precise enunciation and little lisp all at the same time
- the hysterical joy of boys chasing (and being chased by) a dog
- a card from Aaron, a man of few words encouraging me with just the right ones
- cool air after an unseasonably hot week
- cake
I choose to be a joy finder and count my gratitude gifts, now numbering 405!, in my journal. I choose to link up with this community and share some of them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment