Last week Friday our computer stopped working. I spent a whole week here at home without a computer. I have so much to blog about what that taught me! :-) But, that will all have to come later. For now a quick bullet point update will have to do.
- Schools around here are finally posting job openings! On Friday 3 positions were posted online that Aaron can apply for in area schools. I had already sent resume packets to all of those schools so we will be following up with phone calls and formal applications. We continue to pray and trust God's provision.
- Nathaniel fell yesterday and hurt the inside of his bottom lip. Lots of blood and a small split but I don't think stitches are necessary. However, there is no way we can let him have his "ba" (pacifier). So it could be that the whole "When do we take the ba away?" question may have been answered for us. So far nap times are really rough.
- In 2 weeks from Tuesday we leave for Holland! British Airways cabin crew are threatening strikes and there is still sporadic volcanic ash all of which could change our travel plans. Some times I feel silly praying against strikes and volcanic ash but I know that God is in control of those details too.
- Jeremiah has memorized Psalm 23, and so has Nathaniel for the most part. I love watching their little minds soak up God's Word.
- Jeremiah has been wait-listed for the Georgia Virtual Academy (GVA) . There were so many people in our state applying for Kindergarten that they had to hold a lottery to see who would get the free curriculum slots. We had decided to purchase Sonlight Curriculum if he didn't get in GVA so we will decide after our vacation what to do.
- Schools around here are finally posting job openings! On Friday 3 positions were posted online that Aaron can apply for in area schools. I had already sent resume packets to all of those schools so we will be following up with phone calls and formal applications. We continue to pray and trust God's provision.
- Nathaniel fell yesterday and hurt the inside of his bottom lip. Lots of blood and a small split but I don't think stitches are necessary. However, there is no way we can let him have his "ba" (pacifier). So it could be that the whole "When do we take the ba away?" question may have been answered for us. So far nap times are really rough.
- In 2 weeks from Tuesday we leave for Holland! British Airways cabin crew are threatening strikes and there is still sporadic volcanic ash all of which could change our travel plans. Some times I feel silly praying against strikes and volcanic ash but I know that God is in control of those details too.
- Jeremiah has memorized Psalm 23, and so has Nathaniel for the most part. I love watching their little minds soak up God's Word.
- Jeremiah has been wait-listed for the Georgia Virtual Academy (GVA) . There were so many people in our state applying for Kindergarten that they had to hold a lottery to see who would get the free curriculum slots. We had decided to purchase Sonlight Curriculum if he didn't get in GVA so we will decide after our vacation what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment