I loved these cool gates at the entrance to the zoo.(I have no idea why Jeremiah looks like he is going to wet his pants...)
Nathaniel insisted on walking around with his sunglasses on and map in his hand."I use da map to see all da animals!"

The carousel is fun too. Jeremiah chose to ride the turtle.

Nathaniel was crazy about this frog.

After a busy day of cooking on Tuesday (all my meals for the month of May are in my freezer, yipee!), in which the boys were banished from the kitchen and did a pretty good job of sharing their things and space with Eli, I decided this morning that we all needed a fun change of pace. I remembered that Wednesday is $1.00 day at the Chattanooga Zoo so off we went. It's not the fanciest or biggest zoo in the world, but for $1.00 each it is fun to spent a few hours walking around and seeing what there is to see. Since it is not a huge zoo I can give Jeremiah some freedom to run around a bit by himself as long as we set rules about which paths he can stay on and when he needs to return to me. He likes his independence.
Jeremiah liked the reptile house the best. He was fascinated with the snakes. We watched a gigantic yellow python climbing up a rock wall. Jeremiah also liked the huge, brightly colored macaw birds and the red panda's which I must admit are the cutest little things I have ever seen. Nathaniel seemed interested in the jaguar, which was pacing right in front of the viewing window, and the funny looking little monkeys (I can't remember what they were called). He was pretty impressed with the snakes too.
It was a nice way to spend the morning hours and a good break for all of us.
Jeremiah liked the reptile house the best. He was fascinated with the snakes. We watched a gigantic yellow python climbing up a rock wall. Jeremiah also liked the huge, brightly colored macaw birds and the red panda's which I must admit are the cutest little things I have ever seen. Nathaniel seemed interested in the jaguar, which was pacing right in front of the viewing window, and the funny looking little monkeys (I can't remember what they were called). He was pretty impressed with the snakes too.
It was a nice way to spend the morning hours and a good break for all of us.



No comments:
Post a Comment