When we spend a lot of time at home I suddenly get itchy to "beautify" things. I start cleaning and moving stuff around and generally trying to create a homey environment. Yesterday as Aaron was getting stuff for his classroom out of a closet he unearthed a piece of art that we have always loved but haven't hung up in this house because we were waiting for money to frame it. And because we weren't sure exactly where to put it. It's a big piece. A large, black and white woodcut print that reminds us of Lookout Mountain. We got it from a hippy guy we used to know in exchange for helping him move some stuff.
Today, I just decided to use thumbtacks and stick it up on the large, blank wall in our living room. I'm still not sure how I feel about it there. I think I like it. It is very large. And it is definitely the first thing the eye is drawn to when you come in the door. But, I don't really know what else we would do on that gigantic wall. I like how the black and white of the print tones down some of the brightness and busy-ness of the rug, even though the print itself is very busy. I don't know. We will live with it for a little while and see how we feel.
But, the moral is, don't wait for perfect to do something in your home that will make you happy. We would love to have this framed one day, but for right now, thumbtacks will do just fine.
But, the moral is, don't wait for perfect to do something in your home that will make you happy. We would love to have this framed one day, but for right now, thumbtacks will do just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment