The boys have wanted a pet for a long time. We keep putting it off for various reasons. This past week they "adopted" the stray cat that frequents our yard. They named it "Della" and play with it and want us to feed it. Nathaniel even let it in the house last week and was going to hide it from me. Yikes.
Last week was rough. We dove straight back into school, keeping Jude, and also added another 5 year old boy to our household 3 days a week. I was wiped out by 4pm every day and in bed asleep before 9 most nights. Some things went well, and some things didn't go so well. There were moments when I was able to breathe deep and keep my cool and there were moments when I let impatience rule.
I took up the 1000 Gifts count again. It is always in the back of my mind, but I find when I don't keep out a journal and physically write down the blessings I see they flit through my mind and are quickly forgotten. And here is a confession, the tone in our home has been a bit off lately. We are too quick to complain, whine, raise our voices, or speak impatiently. All of us.
8. light that caught you - soft, gray, filtering light through bedroom windows on a rainy Sunday afternoon perfect for napping, a reflection that surprised you - me looking good in my dress pants that had been a tad snug but now fit well, a shadow that fell lovely - Aaron with me






No comments:
Post a Comment