Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Awake



Another Friday, another chance to just stop and write for 5 minutes. No editing, no over thinking, no back tracking.

Today's Prompt: Awake

GO

I have been dull the past 2 weeks. Exhausted. Moving by rote. No energy or thought for anything besides the tasks I need to accomplish that day. Getting us back into a routine and caring for children who are not my own was a bit more challenging than I thought. 
One thing though. I am forced awake in the early hours. Before the kids rise I have to be up and dressed for the day. A cup of coffee in hand. Ready to greet the kids that are dropped off at the door before my kids have even left their beds. 
This morning I "slept in" and missed my quiet time. Missed the dark, quiet house and my few minutes to myself. Missed the time to read a verse and be strengthened for the day to come. Missed the time to come awake; to myself, to the day, to the challenges and joys that will be part of every moment.

I am a person who loves my sleep, but this morning I missed my special time to come awake. Go figure.

STOP

3 comments:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

"I am a person who loves my sleep, but this morning I missed my special time to come awake."

I silently laugh to myself when I read this line because I know this experience all too well. In fact, this has {unforutnately} become my norm in months past.

Lisa Blake said...

I can so relate to this on many levels. I too run a home daycare and it is an absolute necessity to my day to get up while the rest of the house sleeps to fully awaken and prepare for my day. I too have those days when its "moving by rote"
Hang on to that special time to awaken - so precious and important. Great post!

Jennifer Camp said...

I can so relate to that pull of what my heart needs and then the struggle of what my body wants to do! Blessings to you this week!