Friday, January 20, 2012

5 Minute Friday - Vivid






Today's Prompt:  Vivid

GO

Vivid. Images that burst through of the men these boys of mine are becoming. They race toward me on a rutted country road. Their legs pump hard at the pedals, their faces full of animation, their voices ringing loud in the woods. And I see it flit, the faces of boys transformed to men. 

Vivid. Conversations that take my breath away. Conversations that show their hearts and point to their growth into men of integrity. A pang of sorrow and joy as a son shows the man he will become when he says, completely unscripted because we have never had this conversation, "I think I would wait to kiss until my real wedding, not at a play pretend wedding." And I see it, vivid, the image of him standing tall at the front of a church waiting with anticipation for his bride. 

Vivid. This life that seems so monochromatic. These small moments that are building a future.

STOP

Go check out The Gypsy Mama's site for more on Vivid. Good stuff.

No comments: