Jeremiah seems to pick up new words and phrases every day.
His latest words are empty ("enty") and dirty ("dir-dir") and "amen" at the end of praying. The funny part is that he says "amen" at the point that he thinks the prayer should be over!
There are other things that he says constantly but I really cannot decipher what he is saying. He spends most of his time now-a-days guesturing, pointing, and grunting as he tries to communicate.
As a mother I am realizing that this is a stage of Jeremiah's life where I need lots of supernatural patience. He is constantly testing my boundaries because I am the primary care giver in the home with him. We have had our share of battles of the will, temper tantrums etc. And I still refuse to spank. (That comment is not intended to offend or judge anyone - it is just the way that I feel God is leading me to discipline). The hardest part about being a mother is being consistent!
The Bible study that I am participating in is teaching me to depend daily on Christ and His work in my life rather than just try and be a good mother from my own strength. It continues to be a battle because I am very works oriented. In my sin and self-centeredness I want Jeremiah to be well-behaved so that others will remark on what a good child he is (and by default what a good mother I am). I am learning to let go of that and nurture his heart and spirit. I am learning over and over again that it is not the outward behavior that matters but the internal condition of his heart. The verse we studied this morning:
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision (insert any other outward behavior that we require of ourselves and others) counts for anything, but only faith working through love. - Galations 5:6
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing the link...we are praying for you all and Jeremiah as you parent him!! We love and miss you all!
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Post a Comment