Can it be? Is it possible that I have a quiet minute all to myself? Yes, it is true!Thanks for your thoughts and prayers over the past few days. Having made it with flying colors and little problems through teething up until now the final molars are presenting a problem. The last few days have a been a slobery, snoty mess. Thankfully except for a bit of extra whiny-ness Jeremiah seems to be his usual enthusiastic, energetic self.
In a past blog entry I promised to expound on a few things:
Last weekend we watched the movie Thank You for Smoking. I highly recommend it. It was hilarious. I think I laughed the whole time. And I think it provides some interesting food for thought about our society and our desire to hear "spin" rather than truth. I would love to see a movie like this about the NRA or gun industry - that would be really interesting.
College Football: I am not sure how this happened but now on almost every Saturday afternoon our TV is on and showing a college football game. Wierd. We are not fans of any one particular team, but it is fun to watch the games, keep up with the standings and generally feel like we are a in some small way being part of the college football mania that descends upon this area at this time of year. Maybe after 10 years of living here I am trying to be more part of the culture. Plus, I have found that sitting in the sun on the couch with the droning of a football commentary in the background is very condusive to good napping!
So, my promises are fulfilled! We have no plans or obligations for the weekend and I am looking forward to some real rest and relaxation. Have a great weekend everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment