Thursday, June 14, 2007

Another Interview!!

Aaron got a call from the assistant principal at Summerville Middle School today to set up an interview. This is very very promising!
She actually called here at the house first and when I told her Aaron wasn't home but could I give her his work number her actual words to me were "Is he still interested in a job?" She then proceeded to talk to me for about 10 minutes telling me that the Social Studies teacher that they had hired had decided not to take the position and so they saw Aaron's resume. One of Aaron's friends in his Master's program class just got a job at that school too! He had told Aaron last week to keep calling them again and again until he talked to someone. Aaron had talked to the assistant principal earlier this week but she had told him that she was pretty sure all their positions were now filled.
Now this!
I just talked to Aaron - he said that it sounded like the interview was more of a formality and that they were pretty desperate for a teacher.
His interview is tomorrow (Friday) at 11:00am - they want to interview him that quickly so that they can recommend him to the board (if all goes well) at the board meeting on Friday night!
Please pray with us! I am trying not to get too excited - but as you can tell from my rambling and all the exclamation marks that I feel excited about this. I also think it would be an ideal location for Aaron as it is only 20 minutes south of our house and exactly on the way to the school where he will still have some evening classes. Also, he would be excited to be at the same school with his friend. I am also excited at the prospect that this time tomorrow all this uncertainty could be over and we could know for sure what Aaron will be up to next year!

2 comments:

Amy Ross said...

YEAH!!! I will be praying. (Not right 11 this time, I'll be teaching at VBS). But will pray in the morning. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Can you catch stuff via blogs?? Because now I have the crud...all this week even through VBS...agghh...

Anonymous said...

SPANNEND!!!
Let us know ofcourse!