Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Irony...

Usually when I have a cold I run to the doctor who tells me, there is nothing I can do, go home, rest, drink plenty of fluids and you'll feel better soon.
This morning when I woke up with no improvement and the added bonus of crusty eyes I told Aaron that I had to go to the clinic. So we dropped Jeremiah off with his grandparents at church and headed to the clinic. Thankfully we were the first ones there. The doctor walked in, took about 30 seconds to examine me, and announced that I had a very bad upper respiratory infection as well as pink-eye. (It is still a mystery to me where the came pink-eye from.) I obtained a prescription for antibiotics and was home within the hour.
Why is it that the one time I think - oh this is just a cold, I'll wait for it to get better- it is in fact an infection and if I had just gone to the doctor on Friday I would have been feeling better by now?
I guess the lesson here is: if Sudafed and Benadryl don't seem to be helping then go see a doctor!
Anyhow, please keep praying for me. I have already taken 2 doses of the antibiotics and am waiting for them to kick in. Aaron has to go to work and school tomorrow. I still feel really really bad and can't hear very well. And now of course I have this trouble with my eyes. I am keeping away from Jeremiah as much as possible as pink-eye is very contagious.
This is so not fun!

No comments: