I tried to do a real "photo shoot" the other day. But unfortunately the fates were against me. Nathaniel got fussy and Jeremiah only wanted to lay in one position. So my attempt to get the nice, artistic, black and white shots failed but these are still cute. I love the difference in size between the 2 boys feet!
Although he is officialy 2 weeks and 2 days old we took Nathaniel for his 2 week well-child visit today. The day turned into quite an adventure. Jeremiah was wound up this morning and even though we talked about him obeying me at the doctor's he proceeded to run up and down the hall, open and shut the door to the room we were in, sit on the floor to eat his raisins, and generally not listen to a thing I said. The doctor wanted to check Nathaniel's biliribbon count for his jaundice but the machine there wasn't working right so she wanted me to go to the children's hospital to have the blood drawn. The idea was daunting as the hospital is about a 40 minute drive away and I was not looking forward to dealing with Jeremiah's behavior in yet another place where there was no telling how long we would have to wait. But - it had to be done.
So after a quick nursing for Nathaniel we loaded back up again. I had another talk with Jeremiah about obeying and prayed the whole way to the hospital that he would be more cooperative and that I would be given an extra measure of patience. Thankfully God granted both requests and the 2 hour long wait was not as bad as it could have been.
We are finally home and are all exhausted and ready for a nap! But I promised Jeremiah he could watch "Thomas" first - so I am keeping that promise.
Why does it always seem that these kind of days happen after a night when I was not able to get much sleep in the first place? (Nathaniel did not sleep well last night and I finally put him to sleep in the swing at about 4:30 a.m.)
As far as Nathaniel's growth goes everything looks good. He weighs 7lb12oz and is 20 inches long! Keep it up little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment