Thursday, August 30, 2007

Getting Out




It is turning into a 2 post day.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice about sleeping. Keep it coming! I too am a believer in doing whatever it takes for baby to sleep initially. Jeremiah slept in his car seat until he was 4 months! And I will try the waking him every 2 hours thing. That will be more difficult as he hates to wake up! But we will see how it goes. And we haven't tried a bath yet but that sounds good too. A bath always makes me sleepy! :-)
The temps here are down to high 80's/low90's which feels downright cool after the 100+ we have been experiencing. So today I pulled out the new stroller and combined a walk with a trip to the bank. I love, love, love this stroller! Nathaniel's car seat fits perfectly and Jeremiah can choose to walk beside me, stand on the little platform, or sit on the jump seat. He loves having a choice of what he wants to do. I thought the stroller would be big and bulky and not handle well but it rides nicely and I got it through the bank doors with no more trouble than our other stroller. When Nathaniel gets big enough to sit, he will be able to sit in the front seat.
I am so excited that this works for us and am now really praying for the weather to cool so that we can get outside more. With my pre-pregnancy energy returning I am ready to start exercising more. I can't wait to start walking in the mornings again. I am also thinking that this stroller will make my trip through the airport (alone with 2 boys) in December abit easier (the jump seat has a 3 point harness seatbelt that I can use to forceably restrain Jeremiah if I need to, ha ha).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think maybe the purchase of a harness would help too -just in case you need to restrain Jeremiah. I'm sure Nathaniel will be pretty easy to keep up with. I'm so thankful for the rain and cooler temps too. enjoy the walks and every new day : )love, grammy