Thursday, August 09, 2007

Getting Ready for Baby





With less than 3 weeks left until the "due date" I am now feeling the crunch to get ready for baby Nathaniel to get here.
On Tuesday night the ladies from my church gave me a shower. It was so sweet and lots of fun to get together and celebrate this new little life. Some of the women I have known for a long time and some are new friends. But all made me feel so special and loved.
Lisa has known me since I first started attending Highlands back in my sophomore year of college. She has been part of my life and a trusted friend through my early dating relationship with Aaron, was in our wedding, and has watched me become a mother.
Shanna and I were on the same hall at Covenant when she was a freshman and I was a junior. Who would have known that we would both end up here in LaFayette?
Faith is a new friend of mine but an old friend of Aaron's. Her mom and Aaron's mom were pregnant at the same time and Faith and Aaron grew up together. Faith's family has recently started attending our church and I have loved her friendship. She is a totally cool girl who sells organic goat milk as a side business!
It was a special treat to have mom at the shower. It is nice when our worlds converge and she can meet some of the people that are so important to me.
A mammoth shopping trip on Wednesday with mom was fun. I didn't need tons of stuff for Nathaniel but there were some things that were needed (or just wanted, hee hee) so mom and I headed to Target and Babies R Us and had fun oohing and aahing over cute baby stuff.
So baby Nathaniel - we are ready for you to come. Really.

No comments: