Somehow a nasty, cruddy cold has infiltrated our family. The only person who does not seem to have it is Jeremiah. I suspect that Aaron picked up a germ in the classroom and the poor guy has been feeling sick since Sunday. For 2 days he did not pick up Nathaniel at all and now he washes his hands every time before he touches him. But somehow Nathaniel still got it. He is congested poor little guy, and I keep suctioning bright yellow gunk out of his nose. He also has some kind of yellow eye crud. That scared me so I took him to the doctor today. She said that she sees it in a lot of newborns - their tear ducts get clogged because they cannot produce tears yet. It is not an infection or anything so nothing really to worry about, just looks kinda scary.
On the positive side he now weighs 7 pounds 9 ounces! That is over a pound weight gain! Way to go little fellow. I guess I won't worry about his eating habits.
Anyway, pray for our family. Moni was here helping this week but she caught the bug too and so is staying away. I have a slight cough and congestion but am drinking water constantly and taking extra vitamins in an attempt to ward off the worst. It probably doesn't help that we are getting less sleep than usual. Poor Aaron is feeling really bad and is back at work this week. He looks exhausted.
Jeremiah seems fine. Today he really tested my boundaries. I think this is the normal result of finally being at home with just me and Nathaniel. I am trying to be consistent and loving in discipline.
1 comment:
yuck yuck yuck....i've been taking airborn religiously and cold meds every 4 or so hours. i hope you all get better soon and i do to so that i can see J on Friday! BTW caleb is going to call aaron tomorrow but i think if we are all mostly better by friday he was thinking we could hang out....anyways he will call :) love you all!
Post a Comment