Thursday, August 30, 2007

After all that...

Yesterday afternoon after that crazy morning I got a call from the dr. office saying that Nathaniel's jaundice count is so low that is why it was not registering on the office machine. So while I am thankful that he is better and there is nothing to worry about I was a bit frustrated that I had to go through all that yesterday for nothing.
Last night was another long one. Nathaniel did not fall asleep until about 2:30 a.m. Any suggestions anyone?

4 comments:

icajay said...

i don't know any suggestions except to put him in his swing. is it a side rocking one b/c that motion is suppose to help them fall asleep the best...

Anonymous said...

Onze dochter had het zelfde probleem. Sliep overdag heel veel,en 's nachts was het "party-time". Na een aantal weken was ik uitgeput. Ik ben haar toen voor haar laatste voeding in bad gaan doen. Werd ze erg moe en rozig van.
Dit hielp.Snap precies hoe je je voelt, je moet 's morgens ook weer gezellig zijn voor je oudste zoon.
Wie weet heb je er wat aan!

Amy Ross said...

Is he gassy? Is there something in your diet that might be upsetting his tummy and keeping him up? At this age, my advice is to let him sleep wherever he will, swing, bouncy seat, etc...My boys had severe reflux and for the first 6 months HAD to sleep on an incline...and they are all fine now, NO sleep problems. I do remember two that my babies seemed to "wake up" at 2 weeks. They seemed to be really fussy between 2-4 weeks and then settled down. Maybe he is just waking up too! Whatever the case, I'll pray for a more restful night for both of you!

Melissa Dyches said...

I know two of mine have slept in the swing (one still does). That seems to rock them to sleep. The other of mine slept in the bouncy seat. You end of going through alot of batteries but it is worth it. Also, we wouldn't let ours sleep any longer than two hours at a time during the day. That way they don't get any deep sleep during the day. After about a week of consistently doing this they seemed to get the point and slept great at night. We got this from BabyWise. I know there are those out there who don't agree with BabyWise, but we took what principles we wanted and left the rest. We never agreed with letting them cry themselves to sleep when they were so young. We did whatever it took to get them to sleep. Like I said that was the bouncy seat for the first and the swing for the next two. Anyway, hope this helps.
~Melissa