



Caleb and Moni got Jeremiah these crayons that can be used in the bath tub. Last night Aaron and Jeremiah discovered that not only do they work on the wall of the tub, they work on people too! The best part about them is that they come with a cute little duck shaped sponge eraser which means that we can make a fun game out of Jeremiah cleaning it all up! Aaron couldn't resist some fun pictures.Today after years and years of watching 3 fuzzy channels on TV using a rabbit ear receiver we have joined the ranks of satellite TV watchers. That's right. Apparently Aaron's getting a cell phone was the catalyst for more out of character changes for us. :-) The other day when I called out phone/internet provider to make some changes to save us some money it turned out that for the same price as I was already paying I could add satellite TV. So I did. This afternoon we have access to 100 channels and dvr recording.
The reason I decided to go with it is because of the dvr recording (like Tivo!), we can record and pause live tv. I foresee us recording lots of shows on PBS, Discovery & History channel to watch at our convenience and without commercials. It feels a bit strange. I like to watch TV to relax when I nurse Nathaniel, but usually there was nothing on for me to watch depending on the time of day. This afternoon I had to figure out how to navigate the channel guide and then was in a quandary as I had to choose to watch SEC football (Georgia vs. Tennessee), HGTV (a home remodeling show), or CNN (access to world news!). Don't worry though, I have inherited kick butt channel surfing genes from my grandfather.
We are going to have to be very disciplined or we will end up as couch potato's.
Oh and dad - we have Comedy Central so we can record all of The Daily Show w John Stewart episodes! When are you going to come a visit? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment