We have discovered the joys of Sesame Street! The public broadcasting channels never came in with our rabbit ear antenna so Jeremiah had not yet been introduced to Burt, Ernie, Elmo, Big Bird and the rest of the Sesame Street gang. We watched it the other morning and Jeremiah paid attention for the whole hour (I had forgotten it was that long). For the rest of the day I tried to reinforce the letter, number and word of the day. The word of the day was "pretend" so we pretended we were various animals, a train etc. You get the picture. I realized one of the things I love about Sesame Street is the diversity of the kids that they show. They have kids of all nationalities and also include kids with disabilities. I also noticed that they now have a puppet that speaks Spanish! I really like exposing Jeremiah to people that are different than him since we live in an all white neighborhood and attend a mostly all white church. I also try to make sure that I schedule us to see the Korean or the black doctor in the practice when we go to the Pediatrician.Yesterday evening I had to keep reminding myself that it was Tuesday, not Friday. And this morning keeps feeling like Saturday. Because Aaron is on fall break!
Last night since we didn't have anywhere to be in the morning we watched another episode of Band of Brothers (we are borrowing the DVD's from Chad and I will post about that at another time) and were trying to get to bed at a decent hour. But Nathaniel just would not go to sleep and so it was almost midnight before we were able to sleep. If my hazy sleep fogged memory is correct Nathaniel went for a 6 hour stretch between feedings last night (9:30 - 3:30)! Of course we didn't get to sleep that long but hey, we know it is possible. :-)
This morning Aaron watched both boys and let me sleep until 9:00! I could have slept longer..... We are hoping to enjoy these next few days together. Aaron does have some school work to do and I have some work for MCC. But it is nice to be together and Jeremiah loves having his Papa around. One of my favorite parts of the day is when Jeremiah hears the back door open at the end of the day and runs to it saying, "yeah! papa's home!"
No comments:
Post a Comment