
Somehow Nathaniel managed to wriggle himself sideways in his swing the other day. He also got his legs all pulled up in his pj's. I'm still not sure how he accomplished this feat.
Here are some things that I forgot about having a baby in the house:
- Sleep? What's that?
- Being able to sit down and enjoy a meal - forget it. Babies seem to have a sense about this and will inevitably need some kind of attention at meal time. Always.
- Exploding diapers. Seriously. I had forgotten that newborn poo is the consistency and color of butternut squash soup and manages to get everywhere no matter what brand of diaper you buy.
- Not being able to completely finish some chore or task from start to finish at one time.
- Taking 4 hours to watch a 2 hour movie. I'm not sure what all the interruptions are but somehow we have to keep pausing the movie. Someone didn't believe when I told them this before they came to watch a movie at our house. 4 hours later they were laughing because sure enough, we had just finished a 2 hour movie. They don't have any children.
- Growth spurts. One day their clothes are too big, the next day too small. What the heck?
- The absolute cuteness of those chubby thighs!
- The wonder of the first recognizable smile.
- Feeling the little head nuzzle into your neck as he finally gives over to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment