Monday, December 03, 2007

16 weeks old

Nathaniel loves his Bumbo. Some kind friends are letting us borrow theirs.
Nathaniel loves to practice sitting up and this is a perfect way for him to do that and be part of all the action around the house.


Nathaniel is 16 weeks (4 months) old today!

Here are a few random thoughts on this momentous occassion.

- We are in 6-9 month size clothes already???????

- I have created a sleeping problem by nursing him to sleep, letting him fall asleep in his swing, or having Aaron swing him in his car seat. Yet at this point I am not ready to make too much effort to make changes since we are about to go to the Netherlands where everything will be all crazy. So until we get home I will just do whatever necessary to help him sleep - and not worry about it like I did with #1. :-)

- Why is he on a bottle strike?! I haven't been able to get him to take a bottle in the past 3 weeks, despite trying almost every day. If this continues our vacation is going to be a bit more difficult logistically.

- Time goes so much faster with #2! When did he start wanting to sit up and does all this drool predict cutting teeth soon?

- I spend much less time thinking about whether or not Nathaniel is meeting the developmental milestones according to the books. In fact, I don't think I have even read one of those books for him yet..... My milestones are these: seems happy, seems healthy, sleeps well, eats well, seems to be growing well, seems to be interacting with the world around him - those all sound good to me.

- Since I am not in a hurry or worried about developmental milestones I will wait a lot longer to introduce solid foods - I'm thinking 6-9 months. Right now the thought of him on solid foods is just too complicated, one more things to add to the day. He's fine and growing on breastmilk so why change it?

- I will always feel guilty as a mom about how much time I am or am not giving each son seperately.

- I never never even remotely imagined that I could have this much love in my heart for another child. I am as much in love with him as I was (am) with Jeremiah. I love to watch his sleeping face, I love his happy smile and laugh when I poke his nose or rub his head, I love the mischevious smile he gets when he is about to nurse, I love watching him discover the world and specifically his brother, I love snuggling his plump little body, I love his laid back attitude, I love to kiss his chubby feet, I love the look of recognition and joy in his eyes when he sees my face or hears my voice, I love his obsession with the tv remote.

No comments: