
I am bleary-eyed this morning. Why is it that I just never seem to feel rested? Oh yeah, I have 2 kids, one of which still wakes at 5am to nurse... But the coffee is perking and I have devotions to do (we have been challenged by Travis to read through the Gospel of Luke during Advent), lists to make, and laundry to start.
This is the week! On Saturday we head down to Atlanta to spend the night before leaving on Sunday for my parents! I am so excited about finally being there but dreading this last week of packing, organizing, and cleaning. Not to mention the actual trip with 2 kids by myself. But like the proverbial carrot on the end of the stick the thoughts of sitting in my parents cozy living room, enjoying a nice cup of tea and some Dutch pastries, and watching my kids play with their grandparents are keeping me going.
Please pray for us this week. I am trying to keep it as normal and routine as possible but there are some extra errands to run and of course all the packing to do. I also am fighting a cold. So I am taking extra vitamins and drinking lots of fluids all in the hope that I can knock this thing out. In my past lessons about prayer I have learned that God does answer and so I am praying for some specific things with regards to the flight on Sunday:
- That I will stay calm and relaxed and not worry about what other people think about my kids or my parenting skills (example: Why is that lady letting her infant son cry in his car seat? Why is she not moving her kids through security faster? Why can't she make her kid sit still and be quiet?).
- That the person who ends up in the seat next to us will be a nice, kind, friendly person who likes kids.
- That we will get the bulkhead seat with the bassinet.
- That Jeremiah will have a spirit of obedience.
Any prayers along these lines would be much appreciated. :-)
1 comment:
I am praying HARD you get that seat with the bassinet. And giving you a hug with a prayer for peace about your upcoming travel. I know those butterflies well- excitement and fear. You will get through this and have fun at the same time!
(I love the idea of the seat with a bassinet. What airline are you flying?)
Post a Comment