Tomorrow we will load up the car and head for Atlanta. We will spend the night at Caleb & Monica's house and then head to the airport on Sunday morning. My flight leaves Sunday at 5:40 pm, just so you have an idea of when to start praying. hee hee So today is my last day to finish up stuff. I am feeling some stress that is mostly of my own making since I do tend to procrastinate. On the other hand trying to pack with 2 small kids in the house is something of an adventure. I pile stuff up by their suitcase in the guestroom and then realize that there is still something in the dirty clothes that needs to be washed, or that I need to use something today, or that Nathaniel just had a growth spurt and all the 3-6 month size clothes I had planned to bring are too small. The other challenge is trying to fit in the work of packing and sorting in between the regular housework. Yesterday afternoon I was standing in the kitchen trying to decide if I should unload and reload the dishwasher or pack more of our things. It seemed like a monumental decision at the time. I have no idea if I will even end up in Holland with matching clothes for me!
--
Since I am an avid list maker I have a list of things to get done today - we'll see how it goes:
- pick up hemmed pants from Grannie (try not to stay and visit too long)
- run by attorney office to sign & notarize documents for MCC
- meet with Emily to handle paychecks and last minute MCC details
- send emails for MCC (about 5)
- finish last load of laundry
- pack rest of boys things
- pack my things
- help Aaron pack his things
- pack separate overnight bag with things for Saturday night
- balance checkbook and pay bills
- keep Jeremiah occupied since he has been extra clingy and destructive lately, he knows something is up but is not sure how to process it
- keep Nathaniel fed and happy, try to make sure he takes his regular naps (good luck with that one, he has started being a bit difficult about sleeping)
--
My loving husband has told me not to worry about any housecleaning, that he will do it all after we are gone. I love him!
Given the length of my list, the fact that I would like our final evening here at home to be restful and relaxing, and the state of my kitchen I think we will order dinner!
My next post will most probably be from my parents house. Any prayers for an uneventful trip and easy adjustment to Netherlands time would be much appreciated....
1 comment:
I will most definitely be praying for you... I know you are so excited to be going "home." Say hello to your parents and cherish each moment with your family...oh, and have LOTS of fun and some good beer :)
Post a Comment