Saturday, December 15, 2007

Visiting Ben and Ramona







This morning mom drove us into town and we visited with uncle Ben and aunt Ramona at their nice little place smack dab in the heart of Amsterdam. It was so nice to see their place and be able to visualize their neighborhood and surrounding area. It feels like a typical Amsterdam neighborhood with a florist 2 doors down from their apartment, public transportation in walking distance, people biking around on their way to work, school or the market. Jeremiah enjoyed pushing his own child sized shopping cart around the corner grocery store saying, `sorry people`as he tried to navigate around them. He is picking up quite a good dutch vocabulary with fiets, kaas, and molen being the favorites. Translated, bike, cheese and windmill. He also says `dank je`, thank you, with great gusto. Smart boy if you ask me. But who am I to say, I am his mother...... hee hee.
We are all missing Aaron. Last night Jeremiah was saying that he wanted a snack. I told him to wait a few minutes and oma would be home with some pizza for us to make for dinner. Jeremiah promptly replied, `Go home and get pizza with papa!` Today when I told Jeremiah that in a few days we would go to the airport to pick up papa he said, `And papa will run to me and pick me up!`So sweet it made me teary eyed!

No comments: