Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Discoveries

1. Nathaniel likes to clap! He smiles his million-watt smile and claps along if you look at him and say "clap clap!"
2. Mr. Rogers Neighborhood is just a great show. Jeremiah started watching it this week and I love how Mr. Rogers is so engaging and polite.
3. Making our own bread in the bread machine is much tastier than store bought bread and saves us lots of money. I have been getting better at it but now my yeast is old so the bread is not rising quite right. My next experiment is going to be chocolate peanut butter bread. YUM!
4. Jeremiah has really started to develop his imagination. It is fun to watch him learn to enjoy make believe.
5. Keeping my house real estate showing clean is going to take superhuman effort. I have been "practicing" in little steps the past few weeks with things like making sure that there are never any dishes on the kitchen counter, the floors are always vacuumed, and the bathroom sink and toilet are wiped out every day. It is hard! I have no idea how my friend Amy does it with 3 little boys...
6. I have never considered having more than one bathroom in the house a necessity until having to share it with a newly potty trained 3 year old. He is completely potty trained but sometimes his aim is off, I have tripped over the little stool in front of the toilet more times then I care to count, and being 3 with a lot on his mind he often forgets to put the seat back down. Oh well. I love that we don't have to buy diapers for him so I can deal with the other stuff.
7. If I let my stress and circumstances make me dissatisfied, irritable and impatient then I miss the wonderful moments of joy and blessing that God has for me each day.

No comments: