Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spills & Thrills

Things are getting exciting around here! Nathaniel has become an expert sitter and roller.
I have had to retrain my "I have a small child who will roll anywhere, grab anything, fall over at the slightest notice" eagle-eye.
Last week Nathaniel fell off our bed for the first time. When he first wakes up he usually lays calmly and plays sleepily for a little while before making noises that indicate I am to come and get him. On this particular morning I was sitting at the computer working and listening for him to wake up. All of the sudden I heard a loud "THUNK" which sends dread into the heart of any mom who has heard that sound before, followed by 10 seconds of silence in which I exercised my super-mom ability of traveling from one room to another in split seconds and without the aperant use of my legs, and then the surprised howling intense scream of a baby who feels wronged and can't quite figure out what has happened. Thankfully he quieted quickly and just seemed more confused than hurt.
Since this little man insists on sleeping in our bed he now gets surrounded with pillows.
Yesterday while sitting on the bedroom floor and playing happily Nathaniel tried to lunge after Jeremiah which of course caused him to loose his balance, fall over and somehow scrape the top of his head on the bottom of the bed rail. I am still not sure how this was even physcially possible. But it happened.
One afternoon the discovery of Jeremiah sharing the small parts of his fishing game with his brother led to a lesson in the sharing of only Nathaniel sized toys. Jeremiah is also learning that just because pushing your brother over when he is sitting (he falls so nicely) is fun for you does not mean it is also fun for your brother.
Then, this afternoon I discovered Nathaniel up on his knees (!) on our bed. Oh my.......

No comments: