Monday, March 31, 2008

Homemade = Yum!


The finished product

"I'm not so sure about this."


"This feels good on my sore gums."


"Yummy!"


His face says it all. The teething biscuits are a hit!

Nathaniel continues to be an unpredictable baby. He generally does not like to eat store bought baby food - preferring instead to try and swipe food off of our plates while we are eating. So I usually end up mashing or cubing some of whatever we are eating (assuming of course that it is soft enough and not a potential allergen). This works great and saves us lots of money! Of course we have to keep an eye on Nathaniel because he will try and eat anything he can get his hands on. I realized the other day that it is time to move on to something that he can chew on for longer. It is time for teething biscuits. The cost of teething biscuits in the store is completely outrageous so I decided to try and make some myself.



I found the recipe on a Homemade Baby Food making website that I love. I am pleased with the result. My two main criteria for making home made things are 1) is it easy? 2) does the recipe call for ingredients I already have in the pantry? and this recipe meets both of those. They do have some sugar in them which I am not crazy about, but they don't have any wheat so I figure it is a good trade off. I am trying to be careful about allergens. They cook up nice and hard and the website says they are good for freezing for those days when the teething is obviously uncomfortable.



2 comments:

icajay said...

that is awesome. I was thinking the other day that on top of cloth diapers I would like to make a lot of our baby food and so recipes/websites are always good (not that it is going to be any time soon)...love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wat een schatje, zeg!!

Ramona