We had a great day yesterday visiting with family up in Nashville. Grandma and Grandpa were down from Philly and so we decided to drive up for the day and hang out with them and my cousin Kelly's house. It was a perfect spring day! We enjoyed our first cookout of the summer and each others company.
One of the most special parts of the day for me was watching grandpa play with Jeremiah. They became good friends and watching Grandpa with Jeremiah brought back the cherished memories I have of playing with my Grandpa when I was a child. Jeremiah experienced being tickled by Grandpa (I think every single cousin in our family has memories of that!), singing with Grandpa, listening to Grandpa's jokes, and being read stories by Grandpa.
The other great part of the day was the drive to and from Nashville. The boys slept most of the way to and from and so Aaron and I had quiet time to just talk and enjoy being together. It was a special treat that we have not recently had in our hectic lives!
The other great part of the day was the drive to and from Nashville. The boys slept most of the way to and from and so Aaron and I had quiet time to just talk and enjoy being together. It was a special treat that we have not recently had in our hectic lives!
We tried really hard to get a picture of all the great grandkids with the grandparents. But it was hard. I think Carla or Aunt Evy may have finally gotten a good one. :-)
Grandpa tickling Jeremiah while Sophia looks on.
Jeremiah and Grandpa spend about 45 minutes together outside just telling stories and singing songs. I loved being able to just glance out the kitchen widow and witness this scene.

Sophia loves books as much as Jeremiah does!
They both enjoyed snuggling with Grandpa on the couch while he read to them.

Jeremiah gives Sophia the present he picked out for her. An Elmo book.
We had him color the wrapping paper and he even wrote her name on it!


Sophia had a great inflatable toy filled with balls that was a hit with Jeremiah. I think he spent most of the day playing in there. I couldn't resist putting Nathaniel in there for a few minutes too.



2 comments:
looks so cool! Good to see grandpa & grandma, they look so young & healthy.
Wish we were there ofcourse!!!!!!!
(wonderful pictures)
What great pics, Sarah! Looked like fun, and those shots of Grandpa and Jeremiah - you are right, I think we have pics looking the same from 20+ years ago with our kids! That is so special!
Love from the Africa side of the pond!
Post a Comment