Saturday, April 12, 2008

You're doing what?!

Well, changes continue happening around here.
After a lot of thought, prayer, and tears I have told the board of directors of Mercy's Chosen Children that I will be resigning as Director of the agency at the end of this month. There are many reasons for this. The main one being that with 2 little ones at home I just don't have the time to give to MCC the way that I would like. I plan on still being involved with MCC by helping in any way that I can but I just didn't feel like I could continue the responsibility of directing the agency.
However, I have to have some income, even if it is small. We have been struggling the past few months as MCC has had financial difficulties and I have not been getting paid. Obviously I don't want to work full-time and put the kids in day care. So I now have a new and interesting adventure in store. I will be working 3-4 nights a week at Sonic - our local drive in fast food restaurant. I realize that this is not a career or a dream job. It may sound funny but I am actually looking forward to it. I think after all the uncertainty and stress that I have felt over MCC I am ready for a simple job where all I have to do is show up and work and then go home and not think about work again. I am even looking forward to getting out of the house a few evenings a week and interacting with other people.
Of course this change will have a big effect on our family. Aaron is a trooper and is willing to care for the boys the evenings that I work. It will probably take a few weeks for me to get used to the work and the changed hours (3 nights a week from 6pm - 11pm). But I think we will be ok.
It seems the old adage is true - the only thing that is certain is that things will always change.

No comments: