Thursday, July 10, 2008

About God

A big answer to prayer for us this week. Our Saturn was fixed with minimal expense! We now have one vehicle that comes close to being called reliable. (It is a bit of a stretch to consider our 10 year old cars completely reliable at this point.) Whoo-hoo! Philly here we come! I will admit that I did not exercise a lot of faith in this situation. I was nervous and fearful. That is precisely why we live in community and are part of the body of Christ. I know that some of my sisters-in-Christ were exercising faith for me.

Jeremiah has hit that 3 year old stage where constant questions are par for the course. My day is peppered with "Why, mama?" and "Tell me about that, mama." and "What is that, mama?" I think this stage of parenting is God's way of teaching humility. Just when you think you know so much you find your brain completely befuddled trying to explain things to a 3 year old. Here is my favorite question so far:
We are driving out of the car dealer parking lot after just having picked up the fixed car. Nathaniel is peacefully sucking his paci and gazing out the window while Jeremiah is singing along to the Veggie Tales cd of worship songs. I am enjoying a few minutes of peace, glad that for the moment there is nothing I have to do or think about other than just driving. Then Jeremiah's voice floats up to me from the back seat, "Mama, who is God?" :-)
So my question to you is, how would you answer that question in a way a 3 year old can understand?

No comments: