Monday, July 07, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

A busy weekend is again behind us and we forge into another week. Even though we were on the run a lot this past weekend there were many enjoyable moments. Here are a few.
1. The pool
I took the boys to the pool again, this time armed with a floating thing that Nathaniel could sit in. He had a blast! The kiddie pool was shallow enough that his feet touched the bottom and since I was not afraid of him falling over (he was in the floating thing) he was able to cruise all around the pool. He was so excited. Jeremiah loves the pool too and his water wings have given him more confidence to try and float on his belly and back. I felt so contented sitting in the sun feeling my feet cool in the water and watching my boys joyfully splashing around the pool.
2. 4th of July
I was working that night so Aaron took the boys and met some other people from church at the park to watch our town's fireworks. From what I hear a fun time was had by all. The boys didn't get to bed until after 11! I was dreading work that night, but it really wasn't that bad, and I had the chance to have some interesting conversations with my co-workers (more thoughts on lessons learned at Sonic to come in another post).
3. A date
Aaron had to go to a play for one of his literature classes so Aunt Cherise came over on Saturday so that I could go with Aaron. We left around lunch time and were able to enjoy a nice afternoon together. We lingered over a delicious calzone at Pisa Pizza and just enjoyed each other's company. We talked about all kinds of things other than kids, our house, or our responsibilities. It was great! It was especially refreshing for me to spend that time with Aaron because the past 2 years have been so crazy. There was so much going on in our lives that was stressful and tiring that we never really had the energy to just chill out together. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but it's true. Maybe Saturday's date was so good because it was planned last minute and there were no expectations put on it - simply an afternoon in each other's company. Nice.
4. A restful Sunday
We all took naps on Sunday afternoon and got some much needed rest. Jeremiah helped me make potato salad and brownies for small group. He loves to help me in the kitchen and I even gave him the task of peeling the boiled eggs. The boys were well behaved during small group and it was good for Aaron and I to get a chance to actually participate in the discussion and prayer time without having to leave early.
--
So as I gear up for another busy week and my shoulders tense up as I start to feel the stresses and strains of life (2 broken cars! what to do?) I feel thankful for the life that I have been blessed with. I am grateful that even in the midst of this busy life of ours God grants moments to cherish and enjoy.

No comments: