Thursday, February 19, 2009

18 months

It hit me yesterday that last week Nathaniel turned 18 months old! One and a half years! In the past few weeks he has had some kind of developmental growth spurt and is such a little man now.

I am not posting a list of Nathaniel's new words because honestly I can't keep track of them. He uses new words every day, sometimes every hour. It is absolutely amazing. I had forgotten how much fun this stage was.

Yesterday we had a new friend over to our house for the first time. Her daughter is 3 1/2 and was happily playing on our livingroom floor when Nathaniel comes up and hits her hard on the head with a drum stick. After the crying stops I make Nathaniel stand in front of her and ask him to say "I'm sorry." I am not really expecting him to say it, it is more for the lesson. Imagine my surprise when he clearly says, "sorry" and gives her a hug!

When Nathaniel wakes up he stands in his crib and says, "mama" a few times. When I come and pick him up he puts his head on my shoulder wraps one little arm around my neck and pats my back with his other little hand. I love it.

The connection between Jeremiah and Nathaniel is growing. Jeremiah tolerates Nathaniel's presence more and they can actually play together (for short periods of time). It is a joy to watch.

Nathaniel's favorite toys are Mr. Potato Head and plastic dinosaurs. But mostly he likes to empty out my kitchen drawers and cabinets and find places for all the contents all around the house.

Nathaniel eats chalk.

Nathaniel has started to stash his paci's in various hiding places around the house because he knows that we will take them away from him if he is not in his bed. He will play for a little while and when I return to the room I will found that a paci has magically appeared in his mouth!

Nathaniel has a million watt smile that will light up a room and an impish gleam in his eye.


2 comments:

Norman said...

Where's the picture of the little guy?? ;-)
Great video of them dancing.
Congrats with this milestone: 18 months!
Love, OPA

Sarah R. said...

i know. i have been a slacker with pictures lately. february is just so uninspiring....