February is here. January passed in a blur of cold rainy days, sickness, and disorganization. Not a great way to start the year and yet I continued to learn to rely on God, not myself.
This past weekend Aaron and I spent Saturday together completely child free. I hope it does not make me a bad mother to admit that it was just what I needed. I needed a day to set my own schedule, to be able to sit down and enjoy a meal without the distractions of children, to be able to have a complete conversation with my husband, to lay on the couch and veg for a few hours without feeling guilty. My batteries were recharged and on Sunday morning I was able to approach my role as a mother with new enthusiasm.
On Saturday and Sunday Aaron and I spent some time riding around our area looking at real estate. We mapped out some houses to drive by (and peek in windows!), explored some neighborhoods we think we might like, and talked about the future. It was great to have the time to do that together. Except, now my mind is full of possibilities and I am chafing to get a plan going. We can't get a plan going until we receive the phone call we have been waiting for with some financial information. So, we wait.....
I don't wait well. I want to plan. I want to move forward and feel like I am accomplishing something.
This morning I awoke groggy from 2 nights of very little sleep. I had not been able to sleep because my mind was racing with possibilities and plans. I was thinking and worrying about things that I could not control.
Then I put on a new CD for Jeremiah. On Saturday I found a used CD with praise songs from Psalty the Singing Songbook. They are songs from my childhood. All of the sudden one song stopped me in my tracks as a little girl sang in a pure voice:
I cast all my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens, down at Your feet.
And anytime, I don't know, what to do.
I will cast all my cares upon you.
What a perfect reminder.
This past weekend Aaron and I spent Saturday together completely child free. I hope it does not make me a bad mother to admit that it was just what I needed. I needed a day to set my own schedule, to be able to sit down and enjoy a meal without the distractions of children, to be able to have a complete conversation with my husband, to lay on the couch and veg for a few hours without feeling guilty. My batteries were recharged and on Sunday morning I was able to approach my role as a mother with new enthusiasm.
On Saturday and Sunday Aaron and I spent some time riding around our area looking at real estate. We mapped out some houses to drive by (and peek in windows!), explored some neighborhoods we think we might like, and talked about the future. It was great to have the time to do that together. Except, now my mind is full of possibilities and I am chafing to get a plan going. We can't get a plan going until we receive the phone call we have been waiting for with some financial information. So, we wait.....
I don't wait well. I want to plan. I want to move forward and feel like I am accomplishing something.
This morning I awoke groggy from 2 nights of very little sleep. I had not been able to sleep because my mind was racing with possibilities and plans. I was thinking and worrying about things that I could not control.
Then I put on a new CD for Jeremiah. On Saturday I found a used CD with praise songs from Psalty the Singing Songbook. They are songs from my childhood. All of the sudden one song stopped me in my tracks as a little girl sang in a pure voice:
I cast all my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens, down at Your feet.
And anytime, I don't know, what to do.
I will cast all my cares upon you.
What a perfect reminder.
1 comment:
i'm gonna jump down, turn around, touch the ground, praise my lord!!!
i met someone on xanga recently who was one of the child singers for that... her blog is xanga.com/resolvedtoworship and her pictures of her children are AMAZING.
-jess (i'm too lazy to sign out of michelle's account!)
Post a Comment