Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sappy Song



I am a sucker for sappy, pop, love songs. I can't help it and I am old enough now to embrace it as part of who I am. (Aaron however still sees it as a flaw in my character. smile.)
The other day Nathaniel found a shoe box in the office and in keeping with his usual style managed to strew it contents all over the house before I realized what he was up to. I started grumbling and complaining as I began picking up the scattered papers. Then I realized what they were, letters & cards that I wrote Aaron when we were first dating. What a walk down memory lane!
Re-reading those letters and cards reminded me in a fresh way of why I love my husband. I realized that the life we had dreamed about 11 years ago was now a reality. I found a letter in which I had written the lyrics to a song from the movie Anastasia and decided to look it up on YouTube. As I cranked it up and watched our sons dance around the room I felt a great flood of thankfulness to God for the blessing of my husband and the wonderful journey of life that we are on together.
At the Beginning
We were strangers starting out on a journey
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are and I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you
No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected what you did to my heart
When I lost hope you were there to remind me
This is the start
-
Life is a road and I want to keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is the road now and forever
Wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I want to be standing at the beginning with you
-
We were strangers on a crazy adventure
Never dreaming how our dreams would come true
Now here we stand unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you
-
I knew there was somebody somewhere
Like me alone in the dark
Now I knew my dream will live on
I've been waiting so long
Nothing's gonna tear us apart

2 comments:

icajay said...

I am totally with you on that one and funny enough just watched that movie a couple weeks ago b/c i had found my piano book with the song in it and wanted to see it all...i love that movie!

Harold & Ylonka said...

How romantic... just a few days before valentine ;-)
I think it's so important to keep realizing why you love your man. I am greatful every day that Harold is my man ;-)

Gr. Ylonka