It has been a rough day. I woke with a stuffy nose and sore throat. My realtor called me early in the morning to tell me that multiple offers were received on the house, the seller was offering the chance for counter offers, and did we want to try and make a stronger offer? The next few hours I basically ignored the boys while I was on the phone to multiple lenders as well as Aaron. Imagine trying to have a conversation with a loan officer while your 4 year old is spitting chewed up animal cracker into your 18 month old's hair which then causes your 18 month old to scream so loud you are sure an eardrum ruptured.
Finally right before lunch time I just lost it. I started crying so hard that I couldn't talk anymore. Thankfully my realtor is a sweet woman who decided that intervention was needed and she came over to the house. She calmly and simply showed me various numbers and within 30 minutes a good, strong counter offer was drafted and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
Tonight our counter offer will be made. For better or worse. It is an offer that Aaron and I are comfortable with and won't streatch our family budget too far. Now God is in control. If we don't get the house then it wasn't meant to be. I think I am ok with that. I told my mom that even if we don't get the house this week has forced Aaron and I to think more concretely about our future and our goals. We have finally had conversations that we have put off for the past few years because we have just been too busy. We will be disappointed but we are a step further in our process.
Of course, there is part of me that wonders what God is up to if we don't get the house. This whole process this week has been pretty miraculous and so I am wondering why we wouldn't get the house.
Now we wait. And rest in God's love and provision.
Finally right before lunch time I just lost it. I started crying so hard that I couldn't talk anymore. Thankfully my realtor is a sweet woman who decided that intervention was needed and she came over to the house. She calmly and simply showed me various numbers and within 30 minutes a good, strong counter offer was drafted and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
Tonight our counter offer will be made. For better or worse. It is an offer that Aaron and I are comfortable with and won't streatch our family budget too far. Now God is in control. If we don't get the house then it wasn't meant to be. I think I am ok with that. I told my mom that even if we don't get the house this week has forced Aaron and I to think more concretely about our future and our goals. We have finally had conversations that we have put off for the past few years because we have just been too busy. We will be disappointed but we are a step further in our process.
Of course, there is part of me that wonders what God is up to if we don't get the house. This whole process this week has been pretty miraculous and so I am wondering why we wouldn't get the house.
Now we wait. And rest in God's love and provision.
3 comments:
"God is surprising and amazing"- S Rapier
Love you guys, you are special to me & I wish the best of Gods will on you!
Benjamin
If your Realtor is who I think it is, she is awesome, both professionally and personally!
Jeff and I both have sore throats, too. This pollen is nuts!!! I have been trying natural remedies all morning, to no avail yet.
I am praying for you! I know how exhausting it can be finding a new place. The hopes, the dreams and sometimes the disappointments!
Grtz. Ylonka
Post a Comment