Monday, September 14, 2009

Meet Lilly!






I am an aunt!
Lillian Joy (Lilly) was born in the predawn hours of Saturday (incidentally also her dad's birthday). She is a beautiful little girl with a round face, pointy chin, and cute little lips. I received a text from Chad at 11:00pm saying they were at the hospital. An hour later a text that Cherise was in transition. And 2 hours later Lilly was born! We stopped by to see her after Jeremiah's soccer game. All three members of the new little family were exhausted from lack of sleep and many visitors. It is my prayer that they will get restorative rest now that they are settled in at home.
I have considered myself an aunt since Cherise found out she was pregnant. But what fun it was to finally meet this little girl we had all been anxious to welcome! I can't wait to be part of her life and watch the little person she will become.
Jeremiah is also really excited. He has been praying often for cousin Lilly to get here safely. On Saturday he was able to see God's answer to his prayers. Jeremiah says, "She is tiny like a little mouse!"
As I begin my week and think about the responsibilities of my day it brings a smile to my face and amazement at God's handiwork to think about little Lilly, so new to the world. May she grow healthy and strong. May her parents be granted grace, patience and wisdom as they embark on this journey of parenthood. May she know Jesus and serve Him with her whole heart and spirit.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Congratulations!

Ramona Viss said...

Aaaaahhhww, beautiful girl :-)