





I love Christmas.
But, I think that I love the fall season and Thanksgiving more.
I do not want to be rushed through November in a frantic dash toward Christmas. I do not want to battle commercialism and consumerism for the next 2 months as the world around me tells me to "buy more." I do not want to read another blog with helpful tips for preparing for the busy-ness of the holidays. I absolutely do not want to start counting down the days until Christmas!
I want to savor November. I want to enjoy the changing leaves, the mellowing light, the early dark that encourages more time for snuggling baby boys (and handsome husband!) and reading good books. I want to slow down, be intentionally thankful, plan hearty fall meals, make hot chocolate on the stove with real milk. I want to use my birthday to reflect on God's work in me over the past year. I want to quietly begin working with my hands to make simple gifts for those I love, praying for the one I am gifting as I work.
I am choosing to embrace November!
No comments:
Post a Comment