I am still in awe over the gorgeous bush that is right outside our sun room. Slowly but surely the beautiful pink blossoms have been unfurling and literally covering the bush. I love to stand in the sun room folding laundry amid the boys mess of toys and see these flowers right there, reminding me to stop and drink in beauty. The other day I decided that we had such a wealth of blooms that I wanted to enjoy some indoors as well. I cut some, threw them in small vases, and placed them in spots around the house were I knew seeing their beauty would encourage my spirit (my bathroom vanity, the ledge above the kitchen sink, the small table next to "my" chair in the living room). The small vases used to be from those oil/reed diffuser air fresheners. I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away and now they are being re-purposed! Also, I found out the bush is called a "Camilla."
On Thursday nights our friend Canaan comes and watches the boys while Aaron and I go to a Bible discussion group. The boys love Canaan. Seriously, Nathaniel goes into conniptions when he hears that she is coming. She is the only female to watch Nathaniel that he actually tells me to leave when she arrives. :-) She is so sweet and thoughtful, and she always brings a "surprise bag" full of fun things for the boys to do. Last night they made thankful collages. The blue one is Jeremiah's. He is thankful for "my baby Bob, the fall weather, food, the days of the week, my family, mama, chocolate (caklit)." Nathaniel is thankful for, "my mama and papa and our family and brother, books, chocolate."On Wednesday night we lit a fire in the fire pit and enjoyed sitting under the stars and roasting marshmallows. Jeremiah started a conversation about what it means to be a Christian. My heart was trembling and begging for God's guidance as I outlined the plan of salvation for my son. When I asked him if he had ever prayed and asked Jesus to save him from his sins and be the Lord of his life he stated mater-of-factly, "oh, lots of times." He then wanted Aaron to tell him a Winnie-the-Pooh story. In the middle of the story he interrupted Aaron with a big sigh and said,
"It's hard to be a Christian. I still want to do things that are sin. But I am trying to love God."
Nathaniel's current favorite movie is the Lion King. He loves it! This has only fueled his fascination with lions in general.
We are headed to a church retreat this weekend. We are looking forward to spending time in God's creation enjoying worship and deeper fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Aaron is off for Thanksgiving break next week! We will not only celebrate Thanksgiving but also have an early Christmas celebration with the Rapier side of the family (since we will be Philly for the Christmas holidays!). Fun times!
We are headed to a church retreat this weekend. We are looking forward to spending time in God's creation enjoying worship and deeper fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Aaron is off for Thanksgiving break next week! We will not only celebrate Thanksgiving but also have an early Christmas celebration with the Rapier side of the family (since we will be Philly for the Christmas holidays!). Fun times!
2 comments:
I'm telling ya, that is one bright boy. He has insight that is rare for his age!
Love the place mats in the previous post. Such a cute idea!
i am so amazed at how well he grasps this stuff. i wish austin would think to come up with any of it, but his language is still further behind, and sadly i don't think he'll ever think abstractly like that. at least not for a couple years. it makes me sad. but happy for you. :)
Post a Comment