
Sufficiency =
noun
1. the state or fact of being sufficient; adequacy.
2. a sufficient number or amount; enough.
3. adequate provision or supply, esp. of wealth.
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. - 2 Corinthians 11:8
God flashed this verse in front of my eyes last week. Again, grace is at the core. I don't gain grace after I have loved my husband well, parented my children with patience, maintained a cheerful and inviting home, or reached out to someone in need. I am granted grace first.
Grace truly is enough.
The question now becomes, if I have been given everything I need why do I continue to live as if I haven't?
God flashed this verse in front of my eyes last week. Again, grace is at the core. I don't gain grace after I have loved my husband well, parented my children with patience, maintained a cheerful and inviting home, or reached out to someone in need. I am granted grace first.
Grace truly is enough.
Grace will give me patience in that moment when I want to rush the boys through a task or snap at them.
Grace will give me energy to do that 100th load of laundry, or finish the sink full of dirty dishes, or pick up one.more.toy when all I really want to do is sit on the couch with a book.
Grace will provide for our physical needs.
Grace will enable me to sacrificially love my husband.
Grace will give me wisdom in discipline situations.
Grace will guard my tongue when I want to yell.
Grace will help me to practically love someone who irritates me, or wronged me, or constantly seems to need something from me.
Grace will minister to my spirit when I am tired, or lonely, or burdened and feel like I just can't do it anymore.
Grace will give me energy to do that 100th load of laundry, or finish the sink full of dirty dishes, or pick up one.more.toy when all I really want to do is sit on the couch with a book.
Grace will provide for our physical needs.
Grace will enable me to sacrificially love my husband.
Grace will give me wisdom in discipline situations.
Grace will guard my tongue when I want to yell.
Grace will help me to practically love someone who irritates me, or wronged me, or constantly seems to need something from me.
Grace will minister to my spirit when I am tired, or lonely, or burdened and feel like I just can't do it anymore.
The question now becomes, if I have been given everything I need why do I continue to live as if I haven't?
No comments:
Post a Comment