
Jeremiah picked this card out all by himself. Seriously.And signed the inside all by himself.
I think he gets his sense of humor from his father.

I totally screwed up Father's Day. Really.
Last week I was actually thinking ahead and stopped at the store to have the boys pick out a card for Aaron. We were so busy this weekend with so many things that it never crossed my mind again until we were sitting in church and Travis said something about kids coming up to get a small gift to give to their fathers. Doh. We drove to Atlanta to spend the day and I kept reminding myself to have the boys give Aaron his card when we got home. But, I forgot that too.
The irony in this is that I usually love holidays like this and try to make them special. And I usually get all upset at Aaron when he doesn't do Mother's Day or our anniversary or my birthday like I think he should.
I think however that it should be noted that Aaron is going to be gone all next week, sailing with Will on his sailboat in Maryland. Pretty spectacular Father's Day gift if you ask me!
Since I did such a horrible job remembering to make Aaron feel special on Father's Day I thought I would list the ways he is a great dad
- patient
- encouraging us all to gather in the evenings and memorize scripture
- loving
- playful
- gentle
- humorous
- hard worker
- never complains
- disciplines with love and grace
- encourages the boys to think their own thoughts and find their own way
No comments:
Post a Comment